® Online Community
Being frugal is imperative in our
website addresses the
special needs of seniors and helps them stretch their retirement savings.
We must live on a fixed income and
make that income go as far as we possibly can. We must budget our
resources so we run out of life before we run out of money. That is a
blunt way of stating our goal, but that is reality.
The Social Security Administration announced on
October 15, 2015 that the cost of living adjustment (COLA) for 2016 will
be 0%. This has not happened since 2011.
The cost of living adjustment per cent (COLA) for
Social Security has not been very high in the past few years. Here
is the recent COLA data:
When you consider that the cost for
Medicare B will probably rise for 2016, there will be no COLA to help
pay for it.
Are You Maximizing Your Retirement Income?
The most important information we can provide you is how to increase your retirement income. This will have the largest
positive impact on your retirement standard of living. Increasing
income will help you much quicker than trying to cut expenses when you
already have cut your expenses to the bone. You first need to
bring in dollars rather than save pennies.
Make certain that you read this
you could be passing up Social Security benefits that you are due.
ways to increase your retirement income
Learn ways to cut your living expenses
You probably already cut your expenses, but someone always finds a way
to cut them some more. Learn new expense reduction tips and
contribute some of yours to the group.
Check out ways to cut your living expenses.
Table of Contents
- Frugal Blog for Seniors
- Frugal Blog helps seniors living on a fixed income stretch their money and live a better life. Frugal Senior addresses the special needs of seniors.
- Maximize Retirement Income
- Maximize Retirement Income - Get much faster and more significant results by maximizing your retirement income
- Maximize Social Security
- Maximize Social Security Benefits - How much money are you leaving on the table?
- Retirement Living Expenses
- Retirement Living Expenses - Compare your retirement living expenses to the average of 27 million other couples in the US.
- Retirement Living Expenses Calculator
- Download the Retirement Living Expenses Calculator and use it to develop a budget. This calculator is based on the average expenses of 27 million couples in the US.
- Living Expenses
- Cut Your Living Expenses using the tips and information on Frugal Senior.com. With ZERO Social Security cost of living increase for 2010, you have no choice
- Housing Expenses
- Housing Expenses are the largest expense category for most seniors. Discover how to cut your housing expenses.
- Food Costs in Retirement
- Food Costs in Retirement for Thrifty Seniors. Helping seniors save money on food costs.
- Transportation Cost
- Transportation cost is the second largest cost for a Frugal Senior. Learn how to save money on your transportation cost.
- Frugal Resources
- Frugal Resources help seniors living on a fixed income stretch their money.
- Frugal Books from Frugal Senior
- Frugal Books for Thrifty Seniors. Recommendations from my personal library to help you improve your standard of living
- Articles by John Howe
- Articles by John Howe from Ezinearticles.com
- About Us at Frugal Senior.com
- Frugal Senior About Us Page. Learn about John and Linda Howe - creators of Frugal Senior.com
- Contact Page
- Frugal Senior Contact Page
- Frugal Senior Disclosure Policy
- Frugal Senior Disclosure Policy. We want full disclosure so you know that this is a for profit website.